Scuola Gimnaziala nr.7 Sfanta Maria
TIMISOARA – ROMANIA
Timisoara is the second largest city in Romania and is an important economic center in the west of the country. The city was built over an ancient Roman fortress, and the first documentary attestation dates back to the 12th century. Being under the domination of the Habsburg Empire for two centuries, most of the buildings in the city center were built with influences from Austrian architecture, gaining Timisoare the name «Little Vienna».» It was the first city in Europe and the second in the world since New York, to use public lighting with electricity in 1884.
Timişoara, translated as «the fortress of Timiş» is the capital and largest city of Timiş County in the historical region of Banat, western Romania.The name of the village comes from the Timiş River (passing south of the municipality), named by the Romans in antiquity Tibisis or Tibiscus.